Terms and Conditions
The mission is open to all public, private and international secondary schools students (13-16 years old) in Malaysia.
Each school is allowed to send more than one team.
Each team must have a minimum of three (3) and a maximum four (4) students from the same school. One (1) teacher advisor must be nominated as the team coach.
Each team can only send one (1) video submission to pitch their idea about REIMAGINING MOBILITY. Submission can be either in English or Bahasa Malaysia.
All entries must be a digital video no longer than 2-minutes and uploaded on YouTube in MP4 format. Videos should be recorded in the highest resolution available. The YouTube link needs to be submitted together with the online entry form.
All entries should begin with a 5-seconds ‘TEXT INTRO’ that includes:
- Video Title describing the Environmental issue in Your Community & your choice of C.A.S.E (e.g. Waste Management in Pasar Kepayang, Kemaman – Smart Tools)
- Name of the Team
- Name of each team member
- School’s name, school’s city and state
Share your idea about REIMAGINING MOBILITY by answering the following 3 questions.
- What is the one (1) environmental issue you have identified within your community?
- What is your selected C.A.S.E. mobility category (Pick 1 Only: Clothing/ Apps/ Smart Tools/ Eco-Friendly Vehicles) to solve the environmental issue?
- Based on your chosen C.A.S.E. mobility category, what is the possible solution to eliminate the environmental issue you have identified?
All information presented in your video must be cited (original sources should be credited). Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification. You DO NOT need to include your citations in your video but in your video’s description.
No copyright material (music, images, videos, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. A written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyright material.
You can register your team first on the online entry form. This video section is optional for those who are ready to submit their video. If you need more time, you have until 18 Dec 2020, 5:00 pm to send your video here: https://bit.ly/teyvideoform
Your team’s video is to be uploaded on your teacher’s or group leader’s YouTube account and set as UNLISTED starting on 19 November 2020. The YouTube link is to be included in the online entry form or video submission form: https://bit.ly/teyvideoform. The deadline for all submissions is on Friday, 18 December 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Step A: Ensure that your teacher or group leader has a YouTube account. Please create a new one if they do not have an account.
- Step B: Upload your 2-minute long video onto the designated YouTube account account and set as UNLISTED
- Step C: Complete the Online Entry Form (Google Forms) and fill in the necessary information of your school, teacher and group members.
- Step D: Copy and paste your YouTube video link into the Online Entry Form (Google Forms) or video submission form: https://bit.ly/teyvideoform.
- Step E: Complete all steps above no later than 5:00pm, Friday, 18 December 2020
Only 16 teams will be selected to move on to the next stage.
The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged by the team’s understanding of environmentral issue with mobility and for your video’s level of creativity. Decisions will be made by UMW Toyota Malaysia. Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
Entrants grant UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd and the organisers of Toyota Eco Youth (TEY) the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation. Entrants also grant UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd and the organisers of Toyota Eco Youth (TEY) the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without notification or further compensation.
UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd and the organisers of Toyota Eco Youth (TEY) maintain the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.