Terms & Conditions
A. Toyota Merit Membership
- Toyota Merit is an exclusive, by invitation only programme created specifically to reward our loyal customers.
- Toyota Merit Programme is managed and operated by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT).
- Only Private Individual Registered Toyota vehicles owners are eligible for Toyota Merit membership. Company-registered Toyota vehicles are not eligible for Toyota Merit membership.
- A minimum of four thousand (4,000) Merit points is required for a customer to be eligible to sign up as a Merit member. Merit points accumulated are automatically recorded in the system, and once it reaches 4,000, an invitation to become a member will be sent to the Private Individual Registered Toyota vehicles owners.
- An invitation to join Toyota Merit Programme does not constitute guaranteed membership. Successful activation of membership is subject to the receipt of the completed membership sign-up form by UMWT.
- Invitation to Toyota Merit Programme shall be sent via the following methods:
- Through Pos Malaysia to the mailing address provided by the customer; or
- Through email to the email address provided by the customer; or
- Through Short Messaging Service (SMS) to the mobile number provided by the customer.
- Alternatively, Individual Registered Toyota vehicles owners can also sign-up as a Merit member through the MyToyota website once their accumulated Merit points are more than or equals to 4,000.
- UMWT shall not be responsible for:
- Lost or mishandled mail by Pos Malaysia due to incorrect address provided by the customer. In the event that the address provided is correct but the invitation sent is lost or mishandled, UMWT is not responsible for such negligence on the part of Pos Malaysia.
- Lost emails due to incorrect email address provided by customer or any technical malfunction resulting in failure to extend the invitation email to customer successfully or failure for UMWT to receive customer's reply to the invitation.
- Lost SMS due to incorrect mobile number provided by customer or any technical malfunction resulting in failure to extend the invitation SMS to customer successfully or failure for UMWT to receive customer's reply to the invitation.
- Membership will be automatically renewed, provided that the member's Merit points are more than or equal to 4,000 and fulfills any one of the following criteria within two (2) years from the month of joining/renewal:
- Purchase of a new Toyota, or
- Service at least four (4) times (all 4 service invoices must total up to a minimum of Ringgit Malaysia One Thousand (RMl,000), or
- Incur a minimum of Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand (RM5,000) for component/accident repairs (excluding insurance claims).
- For the purpose of items A8.a, A8.b, A8.c; the purchase, servicing and repairing of a Toyota vehicle must be performed at any of UMWT's authorized Sales or Service outlets only.
- Toyota Merit programme is not a redemption programme. Merit points are only used as a qualifying criterion to become a Merit member.
B. Accumulation of Merit points
- Merit points can be earned through the following methods and is valid for the specified period:
|Ref No||Methods of earning Merit points||Calculation of Merit points||Validity period of Merit points||Example Points earned on||Example Points expire on|
|1.1||Purchase a new Toyota||1% from on-the-road (OTR) price||5 years from month earned||3/1/2014||31/1/2019|
|1.2||Servicing of a Toyota||RM1 = 1 point||5 years from month earned||3/1/2014||31/1/2019|
|1.3||Repairing a Toyota and paid by insurance company||RM1 = 1 point or a maximum of 500 points only||5 years from month earned||3/1/2014||31/1/2019|
- Merit points calculation for a customer is a combination of al Toyota vehicles registered under the same Customer ID. Toyota Merits point are non-transferable.
- All Toyota vehicles mentioned in above must be vehicles that are assembled or fully imported by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd and all transactions mentioned above must be carried out at UMW Toyota authorized Sales and Service outlets.
C. Toyota Merit Programme Benefits & Privileges
- Toyota Merit Programme offers the following year-round standard benefits to its members and these benefits are only applicable to vehicles registered under the same member's name:
- Complimentary Full Tank Petrol for purchasing new Toyota vehicles.
- Every new Toyota is only entitled to one (1) complimentary full tank petrol given during the vehicle delivery. This privilege is not transferable and cannot be exercised in proxy for other parties.
- 5% discount on vehicle servicing.
- This discount is only applicable to members who service their vehicles at any of UMWT's authorized service centers.
- This discount is subject to availability and prevailing promotion's or campaign's terms and conditions.
- Free yearly membership renewal for Toyota 24SEVEN Road Assist.
- Free yearly renewal for Toyota 24SEVEN Road Assist membership is offered to all Toyota vehicles registered under the member's name and each of these vehicles must be serviced at least once a year at any of UMWT's authorized service centers.
- Travellowance is travel allowance given to a Merit member in the form of an eVoucher when a member's vehicle is towed to any UMWT's authorized Service Centre by Toyota 24SEVEN Road Assist for repairs in the event of a breakdown.
- Travellowance applies to any Toyota vehicle that is registered under a Toyota Merit member's Membership ID and is towed to any Toyota Service Centre for repairs. The request for the towing services must be made via Toyota 24SEVEN Road Assist Call Centre at 1-800-888-247 or 1-800-822-247.
- Travellowance does not apply if the vehicle is towed to other workshops or to the owner's residence.
- Complimentary Full Tank Petrol for purchasing new Toyota vehicles.
- The benefits and privileges of a Toyota Merit membership are:
- Not transferable, cannot be combined with other customer benefits or exchangeable for cash or credit in part or in full.
- Applies strictly to Toyota Merit members only and cannot be exercised in proxy for other parties. Family members of Toyota Merit members are not entitled to the benefits and privileges of Toyota Merit Programme unless otherwise specified.
- Subject to availability. UMWT reserves the right to withdraw or substitute them with others of similar or different value without prior notice.
- Offered to Toyota Merit members at the sole and absolute discretion of UMWT.
- Members must be in possession of a Toyota vehicle throughout the duration of their Toyota Merit membership to be eligible for all the benefits and privileges of the programme.
D. Toyota Merit Members' Responsibilities
- It is the responsibilities of Toyota Merit Members to:
- Keep UMWT informed of any change in mailing address and other means of contact. UMWT shall not be held responsible for incorrect member contact information that may result in failure to extend the benefit(s) to the members.
- Keep UMWT informed of all Toyota vehicles purchased and registered under the same member's name. UMWT has the right to request a copy of the vehicle registration card as a proof of ownership.
E. Usage of eVoucher
- The eVouchers shall:
- Be redeemable at any UMWT's authorized service centres
- Not be exchangeable for cash and is not transferable; and
- Have a validity period of one (1) year unless otherwise specified.
- All members must inform UMWT in the event of any change in the vehicle's ownership, which may affect the usage of and entitlement to the eVoucher.
- UMWT will not be responsible and shall not refund any eVoucher value that is erroneously utilised as a result of UMWT not being duly informed of a change in the ownership of the vehicle.
F. Rights of UMWT
- UMWT shall not be held responsible or liable if it is unable to perform or fails to perform its obligations under the terms and conditions herein, where such delay or failure is caused by any act of God, natural hazard and/or disaster, labour unrest, riot, civil commotion, lockout, fire, flood, earthquake, typhoon, war, acts of foreign enemies or perils of the sea or other perils and any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond the control of UMWT.
- UMWT shall have the sole and absolute discretion to approve or reject any of Toyota vehicle owners as a Toyota Merit member without assigning any reason thereof. All applications must comply with the terms and conditions of programme registration stated herein.
- UMWT is not responsible for any technical malfunction of their computer systems, networks, servers, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, which may lead to incorrect or inaccurate information in the course of the administration of this programme including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in their data. UMWT will also not be responsible to ensure that the e-mails will be timely, secure, error-free or free from computer virus or other damaging codes.
- UMWT reserves the right to:
- Use all materials in whatever nature or form relating to this programme for advertising and promotional purpose in any form of media. The members are not eligible to claim any proprietary right thereto.
- Modify the programme's structure, rules or benefits and the rules for earning Toyota Merits from time to time without prior notice to members. UMWT also reserves the right to terminate the programme (or any part thereof) at any time without notice to members.
- Abandon, cancel, postpone, replace or alter the benefits and privileges at any time without prior notice; in which event no claim of any kind, direct, consequential or otherwise arising from any possible such action shall be entertained
- In the event of discrepancies between the English, Bahasa Malaysia, and Chinese versions of the terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- The protection of personal data is an important concern to UMWT and any personal data collected for the Toyota Merit Programme will be treated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Notice ("PDP Notice") of UMWT as available for viewing at https://toyota.com.my/terms.