UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd. ("UMW Toyota") maintains this site ("this Site") for entertainment, information, educational, and communication purposes. Please feel free to browse this Site. If you are browsing this Site as a non-commercial consumer, you may download materials displayed on this Site for your non-commercial, personal use only.
If you are browsing this Site as an employee/agent/member of any business organisation, you may download materials displayed on this Site only for non-commercial purposes within your business or organisation. This permission is specifically conditioned on UMW Toyota retaining all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. Additionally, you may not distribute or transmit (except, within your business or organisation), modify, reuse, report, or use the contents of this Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without UMW Toyota's written permission.
Your access and usage of this Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms of Short Messaging System (SMS) usage
Use of SMS
UMW Toyota may at any time subscribe to the use of SMS to communicate with our customers on updates and other information.
UMW Toyota may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time at our sole and absolute discretion, and such modifications shall be effective immediately.
You acknowledge and irrevocably agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of use in accordance with the use of SMS, and your continued access to and/or use of the SMS shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
UMW Toyota does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever and shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from your use of the SMS.
The SMS is made available to you at all times on an "as is, as available" basis.
UMW Toyota makes no representations or warranties that:
- the SMS will meet your requirements or will always be accessible;
- the SMS will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code;
- the information, data and materials that may be obtained from the SMS will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of any information, data and materials obtained by you through the SMS will meet your expectations; and
- any errors in the information and data provided by the SMS will be corrected.
Exclusion of Liability
UMW Toyota shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you and/or any third party arising from and in connection with the use of the SMS.
We shall not at anytime be liable for any inconvenience, loss, damage (special or consequential) or injury suffered by you or any third party arising from or caused by:
- your being deprived or the inability to access the use of the SMS as a consequence of any action by us and/or our supporting service vendors; or
- the SMS not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/non-availability of any network; or
- any failure by us and/or our supporting service vendors to perform any obligation, if such failure arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to, any machine, data processing system or transmission link or any act of force majeure or any event outside our control; or
- any equipment, software, service, or network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications, Internet browser and Internet access providers), or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
Neither we nor any of our supporting service vendors nor our officers shall be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of the SMS.
You shall at all times indemnify UMW Toyota against any liability, loss, damage, including solicitor and client costs and expenses (legal or otherwise) which we may sustain or incur, directly or indirectly, by reason of our communication through SMS with you and/or enforcement of our rights under this Terms and Conditions or in acting upon any instructions which you may give in relation to the SMS or any negligence, fraud and/or misconduct on your part or on the part of any agents or representatives of yours.
You shall at all times be wholly responsible for all acts/defaults made resulting and/or in connection with the use or purported use of the SMS by any person, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent.
Consent to Disclosure/Provision of Information
You consent to us disclosing any information, data and/or materials to any third party which has a legitimate business purpose for obtaining such information, including offering you products or services in connection with or to facilitate the use of the SMS and where such disclosure is necessary for the provision of the SMS to you.
You also acknowledge and agree at all times that:
- there may be inadvertent disclosure of Information by us and/or any of our officers in the course of providing information, whether to our supporting service vendors and/or third parties, relevant to the provision of the SMS you and you consent to such inadvertent disclosure; and
- equipment, software, service and network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications, Internet browser or Internet access providers) and other third parties may have or are able to gain access to any information, date and/or materials transmitted over the relevant system, and you agree not hold us liable in any way in this respect.
At all times, neither we nor our supporting service vendors nor any of our officers shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any other third party as a result of any disclosure of any information, data and/or materials which you have consented to us and/or any of our officers.
You shall provide us with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of the SMS and you shall cooperate with us in any related investigation or litigation.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All information/data and materials available on the SMS are under copyright to us. The copyrights of third parties, including but not limited to our supporting service vendors are also hereby reserved. The information/data and materials are accessible for browsing purposes only.
You confirm that UMW Toyota has been provided with the accurate information and that you are the legitimate receiver of the SMS. You acknowledge that providing inaccurate information constitutes unauthorised use for receiving the SMS and may entail disclosure of confidential information that shall be at your own risk.
You must not use (or permit any third party to use) the SMS to send any message or communication which is spam, illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or infringes the rights of third parties.
No information/data and materials available on the SMS constitute an offer by UMW Toyota to necessarily provide you with such services, further information, data or materials. The services may not be available or suitable for you.
Although UMW Toyota has taken all reasonable care that the information/data and materials available on the SMS is accurate at the time of transmission, no representation or warranty (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness by us and/or our supporting service vendors.
The information/data and materials available on the SMS are always subject to change without notice.
Records maintained by us and/or our supporting service vendors shall be conclusive against and binding on you except in the case of computation and/or manifest error.
Charges (Subject to our provisions)
You are responsible for paying charges for the SMS service where applicable. Charges once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Normal Telco operator SMS charges will apply. The cost of any and all of such charges shall be fully borne by you.